About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

You work for my mother

Oh, this is a good one, one of those stories that Buddha would say to me, "that is such a bloggable story"...so here goes.

I live in a small city, there is a portion of very wealthy folks here, as in all small cities, their kids go to the very expensive private school, that most of us regular folks can't afford, but I'm ok with that. Well, there is this woman, she owns a business on the walking mall of the downtown area where I work. She doesn't have to work, this is her hobby, she has a salon, it's glamorous didn't you know, her ex whatever, or father of her child I should say, is wealthy. I think the kid is maybe in 2nd or 3rd grade, looks about the same age as my Loud Girl. The woman has one of those little trophy dogs, the kind people have taken to dressing up and spending more money on than my mortgage on a monthly basis, you know the kind I mean.

Well the other day I'm walking to the little store to get some water, and the kid comes out the door of her mom's shoppe (that's how they spell it, oh and you have to get buzzed in, you can't just walk into it) with one of the peeps that works for her mother. The woman is in her 40's older than the mother of this rotten little girl, and certainly deserving of respect from this child. Well the little rat on 4 legs is with them this is the conversation that followed:

Woman: (with leash in hand) "you are walking the dog, you wanted to bring her with us"

Nasty kid: "no, you're walking the dog"

W: "No, you wanted to bring her, here's the leash"

NK: "Fine, but you're picking up the poop"

W: "No, you wanted to bring YOUR dog, you're picking it up"

NK: "No I am not, YOU WORK FOR MY MOTHER"

with that the girl hands over the leash and starts skipping up the walkway, much to the chagrin of the employed woman and to the delight of little rat on 4 legs.

Ok, folks, let's teach the kids some manners shall we. The NK scampered off too fast for me, but as I passed the woman and the dog, we did share a look, a look that said, "I'm sorry you have to deal with that little bitch, you deserve better and if she were mine, I'd smack her butt for how she just treated you." She smiled and sighed and we walked on.

I read something that Hippi said today, "there are 2 kinds of people out there, the kind you like to see coming and the kind you like to see going" I, like her, hope I'll be one you like to see coming, and if I begin to be one of the other kind, do let me know. I fear without some intervention the NK above will continue to the be the kind I like to see going.

Lots of love to you all in bloggy land.

-Lil'sis

4 comments:

  1. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    *blink*

    Tell me that I did NOT just read that.

  2. terry said...
     

    oh...my....GOD.


    i think my parents would have killed me with their bare hands if i'd ever shown any adult that kind of disrespect.

  3. yellowdoggranny said...
     

    in the great words of my daughter mojo when she was about 7 and we watched a bunch of kids running thru the store yelling and screaming..."you would kill me if i did that."....and i said..."and don't you forget it."

  4. Brandi said...
     

    Ooooh! I would have given that kid a right smack bottom for talking to an adult like that!!!!
    Great story! LOL.

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker