About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

A few anecdotes...

Hope everyone had a nice weekend, we did sort of, uneventful, not busy, so that was good.

Loud Girl had a tough weekend, just not feeling great I guess, she was angry a lot, cranky.

So I've written about this couple we know, we are friends I'd say, we see them occasionally, talk, etc., I like the wife, we're friends, her husband is odd, and likes to bring up sex A LOT, thankfully not when the kids are around, but nonetheless, it is just odd sometimes. Well, they stopped over with their daughter and the kids were playing, they ended up staying for dinner, nothing fancy, but it was nice. The next day she calls and said that he left his wallet on my counter by accident, and they were going to stop by to get it, sure enough there it was, I had put the newspaper on top of it when I was setting the dinner table, no big deal. They arrive, say hellos, etc., the kids start playing OF COURSE, and they need to go to their grocery shopping, their child does not want to go shopping. Now I know what it's like having to do this with my 3, difficult at best, so I say, why not just have her stay here and play, you can pick her up when you're done...time passes, and passes, the kids are having fun, the phone rings, "Hey, little sis, can kid stay for a little while longer, husband said to ask you b/c he needs some 'attention'" HUH? Well I say, the kids are playing, I'm making lunch soon, you go ahead and unpack your groceries, and get done what you need to, and we'll see ya later. Just odd right? I thought so, I didn't need to know really, they could've just done whatever and not said a word and I'd not known any different. Funny I guess, but weird.

Loud Girl has a male teacher for the first time ever this year. She loves the man thus far, and I've heard great things about him to be sure. Friday I get home and she says to me, "Momma, did you know that Mr. E plays in a BAND, guitar! They PAY him to do that!" He also has long hair and decided to build his own home many years ago, so lived in a teepee on his land for 5 years while he got it done, I don't know about water or anything, but I bet he's got some really good stories, now she wants to go see him play, so I'll let you know how he is. We meet him for the first time this Wednesday, I'm looking forward to it.

Green Bean is loving 1st grade so far, he's had some trouble with one kid, thankfully not in his class. Apparantly most of the kids are having trouble with this one kid though. He's got a very bad mouth, just lots of foul language and likes to pick on kids, call them names, you know the bully type. So Greenie is telling me about how he made fun of his shoes, called them "girl shoes" and "faggot shoes",,,so what's a faggot mom? We talked, I think it went well, he knows that we don't say that, he knows why, he knows that it expresses anger and hatred for someone who may be different than you. When we finish he says to me that it makes him sad that little LJ is so angry, that he must not be happy, that maybe his mommy and daddy aren't very nice. I'm proud of my kid. He said he'll just keep on being nice, but that when he sees this LJ being a bully he must tell him to stop it because it's not nice, he said he wouldn't hit him or call him bad names but that he wouldn't just "let him be mean" either.

I know of someone with the nickname Bootie, it's funny because I had to say today "Bootie called, to you want to take it?" and "When Bootie calls, put it through", me and the guy I work with found dumb humor in this.

Hope all is well with each of you!

8 comments:

  1. cadbury_vw said...
     

    I hope your girl is feeling better soon.

    My brother will often talk about sex in an adolescent inappropriate way ALL THE TIME too. We usually try to ignore him. As for your folks there... well... my opinion - you know the people at the high school party that just have to stick their tongues down each other's throats in the middle of the living room floor? well, they grow up to be adults. 'nuff said ;-)

    as for the long haired teacher in a teepee. if your husband used to be a police officer, then mr teepee lognghair is pretty much the polar opposite of him - hey? he would be so very intriguing for a young girl looking at the world.

    grade one.

    grade one.

    bullies.

    i hate grade school bullies

    Green Bean may eventually need to understand that sometimes you have to beat the snot out of the kid that's bugging you. or he'll never leave you alone. and if you can't take him alone, you need to get a couple of buddies to help. when this approach is used - blood should be drawn - noses are preferred

    the teachers who read this last part of my post will pillory me for my opinion. i apologise if it causes affront.

  2. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Bootie? Did I ever tell you that my first college roommate had a boyfriend named Boobie? No joke. Tall, caramel-colored guy named Boobie. *snort*

    As for little LJ...when kids utter 'faggot' around me at work I let them know that a faggot is actually a bundle of sticks...and why would they call a person a bundle of sticks? I've even provided some of the super idiots a dictionary as proof. Seeing it in Webster's takes the sting out of their hateful words.

    I'm glad GB is rising above the fray. He's such a goodie!

    And I'm REALLY happy that LG has a cool teacher! When you guys go watch him play, let me know...I'd love to make an evening of it! Has she told him that she's played the violin?

  3. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    One more thing...I HATE those idiots who dropped their kid off at your house and shoved their fuck session in your face.

    That guy is VILE and INAPPROPRIATE. His wife is a patsy. They both make me throw up a little in my mouth.

  4. Wine Girl said...
     

    Yuck when it comes to the "friends" TMI are the letters I would utter. and them say thanks for the details, never leave your kid again if this is what I have to hear.!!!!!!!!

    GB is a tough kid, doing great, keep the lines of communication open. Very important, as you know.

    LG a little cranky, school probably wore her out. loving the teepee teacher. Way cool!!!!!!
    She will eat those stories up like chocolate ice cream on a warm brownie!!!

    Love you tons and hope you have a good week.

  5. yellowdoggranny said...
     

    wow..im crazy about your kids..how great you must be as a mom..im with bg..them friends arent friends...they are icky poo...
    hey i have friends by the names of inky, peewee, tennis shoe, merle the pearl..and boo...

  6. Anonymous said...
     

    Hey Granny, I love your friends names, they are great, and thanks for the compliment, as I'm sure you know well, it's so easy as a mom, parent, to just second guess yourself all the time and beat yourself up about possible mistakes, I just try to roll with it, but often find myself very critical of my perceived lack of skills as a parent, so thanks for the kind words again.

    Yeah, bullies suck, but he'll get his, hubby said the principal (who he saw at the gas station last night) said the kid was having a lot of trouble and he feared would spend most of the year in in school suspension, I just feel badly for his home life, how much choice does a 1st grader have in that department. It sucks all around.

    My Green Bean is good. He'll take a hit, he has before, but after the second one he'll hit back, and I find little fault in that. He usually thinks well in those situations, at least so far.

    You did tell me about boobie BG, too damn funny, and I'll remember the faggots line now too. And Wine Girl, yeah, yuck is all I could think too. Different strokes for different folks.

    lots of love,
    lil'sis

  7. E said...
     

    Good to know that even though you're married with three kids you still get bootie calls... sorry, that was bad!
    You do have AWESOME kids!

  8. Wine Girl said...
     

    e,
    You are too funny!!!!I am rolling here!

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker