About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

I hate being broke.

I'm sure most of you can agree on this point, I really don't know anyone who thinks otherwise. I've yet to find the novelty or charm in being broke. I have a nagging suspicion that there really is no novelty or charm in it, it just sucks. Feel free to enlighten this working mother of three on this point. Suffice to say, right now I just hate it.

I also hate that I'm blogging on it, another peeve of mine is people who can talk of nothing but there money, either their money woes or their overabundant supply that they need ideas on how to spend it.

I keep feeling like I'm nearing the end of this long tunnel, and at the end, which I'm sure is just around the next corner or pay day if you will, I'll actually see the light a bit, I'll be getting a small step ahead. But I'm just not getting there, I feel so in the dark. I know where my money goes, it's just there are so many places, and I only have one credit card and it's not maxed out....I just want this money stuff to get easier. I worry that my husband will have to go back to work to a job that is just that, a job that he hates, just work for the money. Right now him being home with the children has been such a blessing. So good for the kids and our marriage. When he used to go to work (he was a police officer) I hated it. Come to think of it I hated it more that these current money woes, so I guess there's an answer for me right. It could be so much worse. I can do this, we can do this I'm sure.

The world's a very big place, and in the big picture I know this is all very small potatoes, really not a big deal. No one is bombing me, I have a great home and family. I don't have to worry about IED's or WMD's around the corner or anything. This really is so trivial now I'm just pissed off for blogging on it!

Oh happy day!

6 comments:

  1. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Oh fer Christ's sake, stop feeling bad about sharing the woes of the moment. Sheesh.

    Do you want me to tell you all about JAN and her antics? It might make you feel better. (Yes. I am mean and vindictive.)

    Call me later. Got that?

  2. cadbury_vw said...
     

    don't feel bad - just because you're not being bombed

    it still doesn't make money issues any easier to get past

    sometimes i get terrible icicles in my stomach when i think about dealing with all the money stuff right now

    like you - i know there is a light at the end of the tunnel

    it's just not here yet

  3. Anonymous said...
     

    "woes of the moment" and "icicles in my stomach" love those two.

    I'm chugging along in the tunnel thank you very much, trying to build up some steam.

  4. OTRgirl said...
     

    Just to give you another perspective. My parents made choices to be downwardly mobile. So we were very poor ('where is the next meal going to come from' poor) for a long time. At the time (ages 7-11) I HATED it. I hated not having great clothes, or cool food, or toys or whatever. But now I look back on those years with alot of gratitude for what it taught me about life and limitations. Also about God providing for us as we went.

    In case one of your worries is how you're impacting your children...

  5. Anonymous said...
     

    OTR- Thank you, and yes it is. I remember as a child we'd buy the oil to heat our house 5 gallons at at time. I remember lots of fun things and I don't really remember being poor till I was in high school, so I got a job. I worry about my kids today, so many kids have every gadget, cell phone and latest craze item, lately we've had more fun playing charades and being goofy. Thank you for the reminder.

    Lots of love,
    lil'sis

  6. terry said...
     

    money issues suck. truly, i feel your pain. and it's awful.

    *sending prosperity vibes your way*

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker