About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

Not too much to report today

I think I've got slacker syndrome, really today I'm the poster child for slackers.

My mother was coming by the house today to pick up my oldest for a "girly day" and I didn't really clean up much, that is odd for me, I always feel her pressure and I just didn't,,,my hubby felt if for me and did all the pick up and organize crap after I left for work, I'm sure not enough and I'll be mortified later and have to hear her say stuff like, "you still have the cleaning woman come every 2 weeks don't you, she must be due any day now I'm sure" and then this "you know dear, are you sure your husband isn't depressed, by the looks of the house he must be and I can see he's put on a few pounds since he's been a stay-at-home dad, I think he needs to go back to work don't you?" and there's always the "I really thought I taught you girls better, I mean look at how unorganized that place is Lil'sis, you better teach those children better than that, their rooms could be much more presentable you know. You should keep your house well enough that people can just drop in and it be presentable." I like that one especially....

People drop by all the time, and my house isn't neat, but it sure isn't dirty. I have 3 kids, 8, almost 7 and soon to be 9 month old. It's not going to be all that neat if I'm going to have time to sleep at night. I KNOW i could do better, I KNOW i've done better than it currently is, I KNOW I'll do better given some time. I am a bit ashamed of it really when I think about it, I just don't usually have time to think about it to feel so badly.

I have friends whose homes look amazing, inside and out, they are organized, they have things in their rightful place, all repairs and clean-ups are done in a very timely and efficient manner. I do envy these friends, tremendously even, I'll probably get a few extra months in Purgatory for this clean house/organized person envy that I harbor. I don't know why I have such a hard time with this stuff, I try, but I always get side tracked, caught up in something with 4 projects going...on the rare occaision that I stay focused and finish up a project it normally looks quite good.

My sisters have both said to me in the past, "other people will be mean to you, say mean things, don't say them to yourself".

Moving On...we traveled this weekend. First to the beach where my one sister and her children live then the next day further south to the "resort" beach where friends of ours own a vacation home, we had such a lovely time.

Isabel LOVES the ocean, the sand, the wind, the people, the noises. She just loved every bit of it. It was so cool to see her seeing all of it for the first time, her reactions to the different sensations, I remember the first time I brought each of my children to the ocean, and each time they were amazing experiences. The kids body surfed and built castles, and dug for little sand crabs and walked in the bay and caught real crabs and clams later that day too.

The only bummer the whole weekend was that all the fun came along with lots of great food and wonderful drinks of a tropical nature...these all reaked havoc with my WeightWatchers plan that I started nearly 6 weeks ago, I'm doing well, some days are better than others, but I've lost each week and enjoy the positive changes in me and my family so far. But I just put all my food/drinks in for the weekend and am chagrined to say the least about GOING OVER my set points total!! Holy cow, how did that happen, I'm usually so full just eating my regular points they are right when they say "empty calories" a Daquiri with Rum is 7 points, that's about a third of the point I should eat in a DAY, and not filling at all! But I had a wonderful time and visit, and wouldn't change it. Just glad I don't eat and drink like that daily, I'd be a drunk fat homeless woman living in the sand at the public beach in Key West! I did see plenty of them when I visited there too a few years back, but I guess if you're going to be homeless, doing it in the warm soft white sand of Key West wouldn't be the worst location.

I've rambled enough...lots of love to you all.

7 comments:

  1. cadbury_vw said...
     

    If I was going to be homeless, it would be on white sand.

    I find that the relaxation of a time like you had makes it easier to stay on diet later (but I may be strange). If you don't get at least a little break once every few months from the pressure of the diet it's so much harder to stick with it.

    I know what you mean about the clean house comments. Mrs_C's mother was always making little comments like that.

    In reflection I think I would rather be happy than concerned about whether my house was pristine.

    You go on caring, and loving, and getting enough sleep. It will do you way more good than the PERFECTLY KEPT house.

  2. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Fuck the house and fuck Mom. She's an insane idiot.

    She can take her McMansion, McFuckHusband, and McCheckbook and screw herself.

    *deep cleansing breath*

    Back to being nice again.

    Let her relive coming to MY cluttered-ass house. Do you ever see our kids dirty? Stained clothes? Ever see us walking around as if we live in filth? Not even close. Why? Because clutter is different from filth.

    People can come to my house whenever they like. I'm not changing myself to present some freaking image. She can stuff it up her ass. You? I'll stay at your place any day of the week. My kid can climb on your couch without getting The Glare. Get it?

  3. Anonymous said...
     

    Thanks BG.

    Cad, I welcome your diet tips too and agree that a little break, usually on the weekend if I do it, helps me mentally.

  4. OTRgirl said...
     

    Your motherly comments were quite telling. What a bunch of crap to have to put up with from her.

    The beach sounds lovely though! That's a much better use of your life minutes than organizing and cleaning!

  5. Anonymous said...
     

    OTR- sister you are so right. Thanks for the affirmation

  6. t_cole said...
     

    boring women have immaculate houses.
    remember that!
    tell your mom.
    that'll shut her up.
    heart u - tcole

  7. Wine Girl said...
     

    hey there lil sis, I think that after reading the blog from the 17th and now this one it is clear why you had so many problems with homeless people, you said you could have been one just a few days prior!!!

    As for the neat house, be glad your not married to an ocd person that dusts the ceiling fans while the rest of the family is getting in the car for a road trip, or leaves you a hunny do list even though you have company, or makes you promise to reclean the already clean bathrooms because company is coming. It is what it is, you and your family are happy, then that is all that matters.

    Poo poo on mother and her comments, all that organizational skills landed her in quite the predicament now ehh, she is lacking in the social skill area.

    love you sis
    and t_cole said it best!!!!

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker