About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

Headache, got one.

I started the day with the dull ache, and so it remains, gained a little steam but I think the drugs are keeping it at bay, that and the caffeine.

So...the MRI had something of notice, we take Loud Girl to see the neurosurgeon in a week and a half, that's the first available, the big guns don't actually have office hours on a regular basis..but it is a well know doctor in the field, again I'm just so happy to be living this close to a great hospital.

Kids are enjoying back to school, next week will start homework and the fun will be less, no more of the "getting to know you" stuff and down to the real work.

I've been arguing with my husband and I hate that, it sucks, sometimes the work of marriage can be tough, we got lots of love, that's not the issue, but we work it out, when things are going on with the kids it's just to easy to forget to give the marriage some attention for both of us. So we refocus and put in some effort, and stop the nit pick arguing. At least we always can smile at one another, I don't forget even when I'm mad how deeply I love this man.

My boss just got invited to be in the production booth of a major TV network during a huge football game (not locally of course) think really big, and I think it's GREAT! very neat. In college I got to be on the sidelines during a couple of games that were aired live on ESPN, that was very cool, but never in the production booth, that would be neat, to see it all getting made so to speak. And the game that it's for, wow, is all I can say. If you're a football fan, college especially, you'd be like WOW too!

Green Bean got signed up today to play flag football this season, he's excited, no tackle yet, I wasn't ready, he was, I wasn't. I know I shouldn't do that maybe, but he's still a little guy, he'll have plenty of time to put on the pads and knock himself around, I'll hold off another year and let him get a better grasp of the rules, etc., before I let him loose on the tackle field, he can wait and I must give my psyche one more year before I watch my child be willingly tackled, maybe he'll change his mind by then and stick with just baseball, but we'll wait and see.

Have I mentioned before how much I love my job, yeah, I know I have, but I do!

Lastly, to all your road ragers out there....I know I shouldn't put make-up on when I'm behind the wheel, but I do it when I'm at a stop only, at the VERY LONG lights that I must sit at on my way to work. When the light turns green my stuff goes away and I DRIVE, I FOCUS. When I stop, if it's a wait, I'll finish my makeup. Don't honk and yell at me while I'm at a stop WAITING in line for the light to change only to move up 100 feet and stop again and wait for another light cycle before I actually get through it. I know my stop lights, i've done this drive for many years, I know when I have time to get the mascara on, or when it's just a lipstick light. Leave me alone and go pick on some other person, like yourself maybe, you know when you drive 80 friggin miles an hour in the 45 zone while yapping into your cell phone with one hand on the wheel and the other smoking your cigarette...at least I do my stuff when i'm sitting still, so don't yell out your window while at the light to me, while on your phone and puffing away, "hey, put your eyeliner away it's not safe!' Screw you ok, your face is not safe for viewing as far as I'm concerned and the toxic stuff oozing out of your tailpipe probably means you need some service to your 12 year old hunk o junk, and the hairspray and product holding the front half of your mullet up 4 inches in the air might just spontaneously combust when you light your next ciggie, so don't talk to me about SAFETY, K?

You all have a nice day now ya hear.

7 comments:

  1. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Those stupid fuckers at the RENOWNED university teaching hospital should be summarily shot. Mark my words, their idiocy will be punished in a myriad of ways.

    I know that Loud Girl will triumph over this setback. Got that?

    And give those road rage freaks MY fucking number. Who do they think they are yelling at YOU? Argh...that pisses me off to high heaven. I wish I had been in the car with you. You KNOW what I would have done!

    In fact, TODAY, I flipped off some fucking idiot taxi driver who almost rear-ended Lorna and I downtown. Idiots abound.

    I wanna know about the football game. Does Boss Man need a hot date in the form of ME? I don't care that he's married. I don't want 'some.' I just want to go to the game! *clapping hands*

  2. Wine Girl said...
     

    Ok back off BG that is just weird..."I don't want 'some'"!!!!

    Sounds like you had crappy day their frenzy woman...loud girl is tough and so are u hang in there let me know if I can help in any way ok!

    As for road rage folks, screw them...I give them a smile when the light turns green and I am doin the lipstick thing...sounds like u have the lights all worked out...don't take their horn honkin so personal..they are just unhappy folks that like control.

    That doesn't mean give them control..it just means they are idiots and try to let it ride.

    I love u dearly call me this weekend and hang tough...call to vent or blog it is very helpful

  3. Wine Girl said...
     

    ONe last word...my last comment was super dorky...

    remember I luv u all,

    U can always call,
    no judgement,
    Winegirl

  4. terry said...
     

    so sorry there's another hurdle for loud girl.

    and let buddhagirl deal with the road ragers. she's good with morons!

  5. Wine Girl said...
     

    Terry is right, let BG deal with the road raggers.

    Just smile and tell them they may need to put on some makeup, they don't look so good. A little eyeliner, blush to brighten their outlook perhaps or even some lipstick to accent their lips that apparently get lots of use moving while they scream foul words at you.

    Maybe a manicure, always want your hands to look good especially if they continue to flash hand jestures at people.

    Ok don't say these things, some people may get upset and drive over your car or even you. Again leave it to BG. She walks in front of moving cars...she is a super hero I tell you...they stop for her every time...it's like magic. I was amazed.

    Sorry for any typos, I am a little rusty.

  6. Wine Girl said...
     

    By the way I meant RAGERS not RAGGERS! Yikes, I am a dork!

  7. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    I'm a gambling woman by nature, and I say that Wine Girl was in the cups last night...perhaps some limoncello...when she wrote her comments. I LOVE the raggers word. Good times!

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker