About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

Hopefully bored

Well, it was a good weekend, a long tiring weekend, a bit hectic, some relaxing moments. My youngest, 3 month old girl was Christened on Sunday, we had a housefull and a little party and good food, wine, family and friends. Hubby is slowly on the mend, had a little ER trip on Friday late afternoon, but he is doing a great job, I'm very proud of him..he's been through the ringer lately and is trying to come out the other side in better shape, I know we'll get there just will take a little time and work. My children did great this weekend, I was very proud of all of them:)

To be fair I must say that I expected much worse and was so pleasantly surprised with the outcome of the weekend. I love time with my family and my nieces and nephews, it is so nice to be a part of their lives. It's always good to have my sisters around. How I relate to them now, how we get along, the relationships, it's hard for me to understand how we fought sometimes when we were kids, and we could fight with the best of them, but they are my best friends now in many ways. There was no AC with my mom so that was very nice, she was very much herself and did all the things with the kids that I've come to cherish. She talked with everyone, was very relaxed, real, fun. I liked it. Wish it will always be like that, all good things end though I guess and sure enough this weekend came to a close with all the relatives leaving, the last this morning back to N.Y. We have lots of leftovers, lots of pictures too, I'm looking forward to an uneventful week, PLEASE...no surprises, no illnesses, no unplanned stress PLEASE, I am longing for the quiet life, a peaceful, somewhat organized existance. I can handle the daily stuff, that's easy, I just would like a little ho-hum this week ya know. My expectations for this are low, but I'm hopeful.

1 comments:

  1. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Whooooooooo I had a goodie time this weekend too! Buddha and I are dragging, but we had a super time wagging tongues, critiquing outfits, and throwing around the F word more than once. (Yes, I know one of his first words will be 'fuck.')

    The salmon was delish. I'm all about getting some more of that stuff in my belly the next time I come knocking on your door.

    I'm SO glad the AC didn't show his skank ass this weekend. Kathy said that she's coming up whenever I'm around since he's making himself scarce in my presence. Ha ha!

    Give Izzy, Greenie, and the Loud Child hugs from Auntie BG. I'm going back to the Throw-Up, Crap out of his Diaper Kid.

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker