About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

Did ya ever have..

A really good day, ya know, everything clicks, things just seem to pan out for you, good food, fun with the family, good lovin' ( I probably shouldn't put it in that order but that was the day's events:)) Good dreams, happy stuff ya know. I love those days, sometimes I'll start off like that and just like running through the forest and slamming into the tree you don't see it'll end. I hate the abrupt, "bringing me down" moment(s).

Well yesterday I didn't hit the tree in the proverbial forest, it just went well. Nothing amazing, honestly I'm too much of a prude to tell you if it was amazing or not, but everything just fell into place. Baby to bed early, relax with the kids, reading, they went to bed well, had time with Hubby AND got to talk to him too without interruption.

It's springtime in Virginia now and we are having our annual, "last kick in the pants from old man winter who doesn't want to be gone" sleet storm, maybe snow later, always happens like that, we get a few days of 80 degree weather in Feb and March followed by the end of March snow or ice storm. I like being able to count on this happening, it's no longer a surprise to me. The last chill till fall starts nipping at my heels. We are supposed to have our first T-ball(coach-pitch, if I don't add that Greenie would be mad, he's so excited to be moving up to "real" ball now) tonight, we'll see how long it takes for them to cancel it.

When one chooses not to worry about the things that cause anxiety, frustration, dread even, things really do look brighter. I feel those worries trying to pull me in, get me all riled up, but today I'm choosing to not give in to it. I'm choosing to be content, happy, worry free...that is till I balance the checkbook later I'm sure, but hey give at least a B for effort.

Once i get this bloggy thing down a bit more I'll post what other bloggies I really like, of course I always check out Buddha Girls World, It's Never Dull, and Cadbury ( I like both of his), I wander around to ones that they have links to as well, always fun, sometimes disturbing (Buddha Girl you know what I mean); so if anyone has recommendations, let me know, the Southern Circle of Hell is good too! Really I don't know how to do the pics or the links or any of that stuff yet, but I'll keep at it, and maybe one day in the not to far off future what a site this will be.

All the Best to you friends in bloggy land, keep the faith and breathe.

Lots of love,
Lil Sis

3 comments:

  1. t_cole said...
     

    hey sis - i'm still learing this bloggy thing too. so be patient and enjoy.
    and i am just thrilled that you stop by my place on occasion. you are welcome at my digs ANYTIME.

  2. Anonymous said...
     

    Thanks T, I love your place, Can't help but feel a real kinship with you!

  3. cadbury_vw said...
     

    thank-you

    ----

    if i can be of any assistance in blogland or computerland please let me know

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker