About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

A good day...

I'm so fortunate that a good part of my profession involves reading, sometimes quite boring, but I still love to read so it is fun to get paid for it. It can transport you sometimes, to places in time, fantasy, memories of years past, I love it. Well I read another bloggy person today, whom I really have come to enjoy thanks to big sis showing me her link, she is also a mother of 3, and we have a great many of the same likes and dislikes from what I read...she had a post on bigotry and in it she talked briefly of why her mother raised her the right way, I absolutely loved every word of if. Whether judging by class, color, creed it's just wrong, and I hope I'm conveying that to my children, I think I am.

Well my daughter is in her first play today, I mean one where she has her own lines, she's been in a few, the "chorus", but this year she has 3 lines all her own, not bad for a 2nd grader who for the better part of her life has been very shy at school, not wanting to speak in public. She is a cancer survivor, and part of her disease and treatment resulted in a speech delay along with gross and fine motor delays...well she is just amazing and works very hard and this past year is really blooming in school, she's talking A LOT more getting involved, being herself at school not so guarded anymore, not nervous as much about others poking fun at her b/c she doesn't speak as clearly, just more confident all around. It's a play about Martin Luther King Jr., there are no "leads" no one plays him or his wife or parents, it's just voices that observe things and speak, they play clips of audio and video as well, kinda neat. Well she is VOICE 2 she announces his birth and tells why this is such a blessed event. Well my husband went to see the afternoon show today during school, they do one for the students and then all parents tonight, he said she was great! He brought her flowers to give at the curtain call, she was just so happy.

Things are improving on the homefront as well, my hubby who has not been well for sometime now is actually feeling on the mend some today, this is a blessing. I love this man with all of me, I truly do, even when he drives me crazy and makes me angry and leaves dirty clothes in the middle of the floor and half full glasses all over the house, I love him. I love who he was when we met and who he has become and the promise of what he'll be in the future. I cannot imagine my life without out him so I don't try to think of that. I'm so glad that he feels improvement today:)

On a sad note, my nephew baby buddha is not feeling well and I am sending hugs kisses and get well wishes to him!!! Love you baby B!

4 comments:

  1. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Cripes. I'm glad Mouthy Girl did well in her play. She was yapping about it to me this past weekend. I'm so glad your husband guy brought her some fleurs! What a delight. I KNEW she's shine in that play!

    I'm home...Buddha's still sickie! Talk later!

  2. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    One more thing: Get your ass over to my bloggy. I did an Oscar thingy for ya! I AM the Fashion Goddess today!

  3. cadbury_vw said...
     

    if one more person hoping for your husbands wellness helps

    you've got one more

  4. Anonymous said...
     

    Thank you cadbury for the well wishes, it's a long road, but if we just keep getting to tomorrow we'll be good:)

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker