About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

Weighing in...

Not on anything of great import, I mean literally weighing in....I started Weight Watchers I guess about 7 weeks ago now, or so, and I've done very well.

Those 3rd baby pounds just weren't going anywhere on their own so I figured I should get back into shape. Before I had my first child, I was in pretty good shape, same size as when I started college, a few pounds had moved around, but nothing major. I ran or walked and in college I taught aerobics classes. I loved it, especially the yelling and prancing about with a bunch of friends, felt like my old cheerleading days, and before anyone comments on that let me just say IT IS A SPORT DAMMIT, at least the way we did it.

I launguished a bit, ok a lot, after my first 2 kids, Loud Girl was 9 months old when I found out we were pregnant with Green Bean, and then after he arrived, 8 weeks later we found out about his heart issue, then 2 months later found out about Loud Girl's cancer, and 3 years later thought things were all on the mend. And I must say they have gone pretty good since then. Aside from the illness and death of my father who was an amazing man, I mean just look at me and my sisters, he was amazing right! Then my husband's long illness/issues along the way. You see, I just didn't pay much attention to myself anymore, and I was ok with it, no resentment there, it's just what had to be done, the place in life where I was. It's all good.

So then to last year, I decided I'm getting back in shape, I join WW, start up a regular work out routine, I lose 13 pounds very quickly (8 weeks or so) then low and behold find out that we are once again PREGNANT...wow, this really was not on the radar, we were so happy, very excited, more nervous than I can possibly covey in words, and very grateful to be blessed this way again. So no WW, they won't even let you in the meeting, insurance liability and stuff like that.

So we have Izzy last November and life keeps on moving. Shortly after school lets out for the kids this past spring, I'm visiting my sister, I see some pictures and i think, "HOLY CRAP, i LOOK LIKE A HEFFER!" So I do things on my own at first, working up the courage to go back to WW, I walk a lot more, I'm eating better, feeling better, and then I started back.

So that brings me to today, Thursdays are weigh in days for me. Now, I love this group of ladies at the meeting I go to, I never thought I'd like the meeting thing, but I really do, it's like a mini modified ladies night for me, with a few men thrown in the mix. These women are great, supportive, inspiring and beautiful people. I'd hang out with them anywhere. Just a lot of fun.

But, I had a great week last week, lost 3 pounds, wowie for me, so naturally I'm nervous about how I'll do today.

Just so you know, I don't look at this as a diet, it's a change of lifestyle for me, this is a road I'm choosing to be on, with many stops along the way, small goals if you will. I want to be around for many many years, I want to see my children grow up, I'd like to see my grand kids grow up if my children choose to have kids. I want my years to be full and happy, and not ill. I want to take care of this body I was blessed with. Which save for the regular imperfections a person finds in themselves, is pretty good at keeping me going. No major problems.

So I go to weigh in day always a little nervous and excited. I still have some of my pre kid clothes, and college items too, pretty soon they'll all be back in style I figure, I tried a couple on this past weekend, I'm getting close to having them actually look good!

7 comments:

  1. yellowdoggranny said...
     

    dont feel bad..my baby is 33 years old and i still havent lost the weight i gained with her....

  2. cadbury_vw said...
     

    i'm there with you in spirit

    you go girl!
    [if i'm allowed to say that...]

  3. ohc said...
     

    Hey, I didn't even have a baby...I am a cookie monster, really. I am proud of you. Having such a great group to weigh in with makes it so much better. OK, I am getting up now...and I am not going for a cookie.

    I am glad you are taking care of you! YAY!

  4. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    *clapping wildly*

    (I'll do the wild screaming in person so you can appreciate my emotion!)

    I'm so proud of you, sister! You know I'm on the weight train with ya. It's a life-long thing. Those fools who spout off about "eating anything and never exercising"....let's just say I'd like to punch them in the right temple. I think that would do the trick.

    Keep it up! I want to see some of those college clothes! They'd bring back memories!

  5. Anonymous said...
     

    You can say You Go Girl, of course!

    YDG, Hippi, Cad, and BG, thanks, they are a good group, (of course mother is there too, so I have to deal with her antics, I swear she never shuts UP!) But it's a good meeting, I usually don't write that kind of stuff, but I thought I was stagnating and felt like if I put it out in the public it's just more reinforcement for me to keep it up. So feel free to bug me about it and I really do appreciate the support.

  6. Wine Girl said...
     

    you r an awesome mommy, keep at it
    Love you sista!

  7. E said...
     

    Congratulations! It's good to go healthy and losing weight is an added bonus!

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker