About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

I did it, and no injuries really

I did it! I'm so happy I finished, in under an hour, 55 minutes to be exact so just under a 14 minute mile, and I'm sure for some of you that's REALLY slow, but I was so happy with my results. I ran almost all of it, we walked fast for about a half a mile, on the 2 small uphills...I'm new to this and my training was slim so it had to be done, I only sprinted the last 60 yards or so, so it was a good jog the rest of the way...BUT my first road race is now under by belt AND next year I hope for my time to improve, I'm getting a jogging stroller next week from a friend, so can start to train at home with the baby since she usually does my 2 mile walks with me each day.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts...maybe in a month I'll really consider myself a "runner" I hope.

I could walk after, but let me tell you that on Sunday I wasn't sure I ever wanted to WALK again, my hip flexor muscle I think, the one that connects my hip to the knee, on the front of the thigh, they were very angry with their owner and when I walked down stairs I must have looked like some kind of freak, between my staggering, grimacing and yelping you'd of thought I was escaped from the loony bin and off my meds..."Sissy, where's my meds, AAGGGHHH" My dad used to tease us at the bus stop and come out of the house walking funny and yelling that so all the other kids could hear it and we'd feign embarassment, and be laughing so hard inside...well that's what I looked like folks. I'm better now and am happy that those were the only muscle groups to rebel all my swimming and walking must be doing something right!

Lots of love to you all and may you each enjoy the same satifaction I felt when I crossed that finish line sometime very soon!

-Lil'sis

8 comments:

  1. cadbury_vw said...
     

    that's right on!

    i've been too scared to go outside to run. sometimes i get stumbly on uneven ground. so i stick to the elliptical.

    i am so proud of you. that was both brave and a real accomplishment.

    huzzah!!!

  2. yellowdoggranny said...
     

    horay for you......55 minutes? i would still be trying to get out of my drive way....

  3. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    OMG I am dying laughing here! I remember when Daddy would do that!

    Edie said something last night about how she loves the memory of him doing the sumo wrestler move. SHE imitated him in the living room. I swear I feel like I'm back in college again!

    Like I told you on the phone, I am SO very proud of you! Who cares if you couldn't walk the next day? Pshaw! You're a champ, sister! Love you!

  4. E said...
     

    Congratulations!!! That's awesome! I used to run and after a race my trainer told me to take 3 or 4 Advil and eat a huge protein filled meal and then take 2 Advil every 4 to 6 hours for another day or so. Worked WONDERS!!! I barely hobbled around all!But maybe that was because I found lying on my bed and moaning worked best ;) I recommend that too!

  5. E said...
     

    Congratulations!!! That's awesome! I used to run and after a race my trainer told me to take 3 or 4 Advil and eat a huge protein filled meal and then take 2 Advil every 4 to 6 hours for another day or so. Worked WONDERS!!! I barely hobbled around all!But maybe that was because I found lying on my bed and moaning worked best ;) I recomment that too!

  6. OTRgirl said...
     

    Congratulations! It's impressive to me you managed to jog most of it!

    I love the image of your father coming out of the house yelling. It certainly gave me a great mental picture of your tortured body post-race.

  7. Anonymous said...
     

    Thanks all for the kind words, it truly was a great event. And I can say am really proud of myself and all the other women who were there that day.

    E- Thanks for the info, I'll try that next time!

    OTR- Yeah, Dad was a man of humor, thinking of that made the pain in my tortured legs easier to bear, I grimaced and laughed.

    YDG- Out of your driveway huh? Is this a long driveway? I swear you keep me laughing!

    Cad- Thanks, a lot:)
    BG- yeah, wasn't that too funny, remember when we lived in the dentists house, that bus stop, soooo funny!

  8. ohc said...
     

    WOW! YAY! You go girl! I am proud of you! I keep trying to get into more movement, but I keep sitting on my ass. (Not really, I run, but do not exercise.) You are an inspiration!

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker