About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

Go Johnny go!

So today I'm out running an errand and there is this rasta man walking the mall, he looks angry and he is clapping FURIOUSLY...I've been hearing this for a couple of hours now while I'm on my second floor office working, this clapping, it gets really loud then slowly dies down, like someone is walking by and clapping. I thought maybe there was some kind of event going on and I just didn't have a chance to peer out the window to look. So I'm walking and I hear the clapping I look up and here is angry rasta man, clapping, the man can clap folks, LOUD, and he starts going really fast. When I see him I know what it is.

This is the same man who a month or so ago, walked up and down the mall ALL DAY LONG yelling, "OOOHHHH, OOOHHHH, OOOHHH!" He'd stare ya down yelling it, look to the sky, just kept on doing it, and carried a bible in his hands. That is all. Well, maybe he got complaints or the cops said something to him so now he's changed tactics and he's clapping. I was walking and on my cell phone making a call, when he saw that phone I swear he got really pissed and clapped right at me staring as if to say, "hey lady, I'm clapping her shut your yap!"

If you read my post from a few weeks back about the "go johnny go" whisper street man, you'll understand, but at the moment he was clapping really loud at me I thought to myself, "go johnny go johnny go go go"

I wish street people didn't freak me out so badly, not homeless people necessarily, but street people, they conduct their lives out there, like the shoeless tarot card man that sits down the block, as you walk by he'll holler out to you that you have a knight on horse with moon rising in your second house, like I know what that means...please don't scare me if I have a knight in my house on a horse I hope he's got a saddle bag full of cash with him!

Then there's the teenager, she's got tatoos galore, pink hair on tuesdays and a sign that says, "trying to get out of town, spare some cash?" Hey, I'm looking for a vacation too dear, let me know when you get yours. I feel for her, but she sits there, just joking with her buddies, smoking her cigarettes, from the view just goofing off. I wonder about her life, how she got here, where her mother is.

I always ask those questions, where's there family, friends, mother/sister/father/kids? What have thet gone through to come to this, and then the clapping man, what is making him clap, why is he so mad, I'm too scared to ask him, but I'm certain he's trying to convey something to me/us with his demonstration.

Go Johnny Go!

2 comments:

  1. cadbury_vw said...
     

    my uncle lives in another part of the country

    he is homeless - he lives in a park

    he is schizophrenic

    he disappeared after his wife left him

    we looked for him for years, finally found him, and are slowly helping him come somewhere back to reality

    we are always concerned that if we push too hard he will disappear again

    he sometimes has "episodes". we never quite know what is happening in his mind.

    yeah - the clapping man is trying to communicate to you. and he is probably angry about something. but you may never know about what.

    i hope he does well in his world, and i hope you remain safe

  2. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Lord in heaven.

    You are a freak magnet. You need to learn how to amputate or...at the very least, scare the shit out of people.

    Pink hair girl? She needs to enroll in the local high school.

    (I'm in hardass mode tonight.)

    Glad the clapper didn't end your career as a cell phone whore. THAT would have been a shame!

    When I come visit, we're gonna break bread with some street peeps. I'll show ya what I'm working with!

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker