About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

Separation Anxiety

The baby has it. That's what the doc said to hubby this morning when he took her in for what we thought must just HAVE to be another round of ear infections. She was up nearly every hour on the hour on Sat and Sunday nights, and she's been sleeping through the night since she's 6 weeks old, until now of course. No fever, no stuffy nose, so we thought maybe just no symptoms, (I know it sounds so dumb now that I write it out, but we believed it in our state of sleep deprivation).

We need to start letting her "cry it out", now I didn't do this with my first 2 children, they were both sick as you may have read on earlier posts, they never cried it out. Isabel is healthy, I should be able to do this, but I know I won't or can't or both I guess. I've never been a fan of the "method" as I've read it over the years. I will try my best. We will try. We more than likely will fail miserably at this, but we'll try. Any suggestions are welcome on this one, or just some moral support will do to.

Now hubby and I have separation anxiety of our own, the separation from our nightly sleep is causing a good bit of anxiety on our part, will we ever sleep again? yes, i'm sure we will. Right?

It's not like she's an infant so much anymore, we're not literally up every 2-3 hours feeding for 30 minutes at a time, I know I'll try not to whine anymore. I'm just so tired.....

5 comments:

  1. OTRgirl said...
     

    That's painful! I haven't been through the kid thing yet, but from everyone I know, its hard to just let them cry. I've heard a range of responses but don't know what works best.

  2. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Listen up sis. I'm speaking from experience. The first time I let Buddha cry it out, I sat downstairs rocking like a psych patient without her Haldol.

    The longest he ever cried was about 17 minutes. I thought I would die. But...the payoff? He was sleeping through the night at 3 months when I went back to work last year...AND I've only had to do the crying thing a couple of times since.

    YOU CAN DO IT!

  3. Kim said...
     

    I agree with BG. It will be the hardest thing in the world, but worth it. I will never forget the first night HG and I let our little one cry. We actually lasted 30 minutes and both of us were crying like babies. We went back in and rubbed her back for about 30 seconds and then came back out. She cried somemore and then cried herself to sleep. She started sleeping through the night at two months. We had occasional nights of hell after that, but nothing like it was. Have you tried playing really soft music? She always seemed to sleep better with that going. Worth a try.

  4. ohc said...
     

    Hey, Lil SIS!
    Sending hugs, and lots of white light for healing and sleep! I hope Isabel is better soon!

    I have not been through this, but I think BG and Hot Girl have it down.

    Huge hugs to you!

  5. cadbury_vw said...
     

    we had difficulty with the separation and sleeping thing with our first child (son)

    mrs_c wouldn't let him cry it out. he seemed to know when she was around.

    you see she worked out of town and was away 4 days here 4 days

    when she was here he would cry and cry and cry

    when she was gone and it was just he and i, he would cry about 30 minutes and then sleep

    with our daughter mrs_c was in town every day...

    i know the sleep deprivation from children thing well, and i feel for you very much

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker