About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

I guess its gonna have to hurt

That's how I feel about my mom right now, no other way around it. Just have to get through it, I wouldn't be so hurt if I didn't love her so much ya know, but it is what it is. She let the AC yell at my kids AGAIN, I just told them, "time to go kids" and we tromped out to the minivan, baby in my arms.
She said he was sorry he was just grouchy, WHATEVER, he's always grouchy, he makes Oscar the Grouch look like a kitten for pete's sake!

As we are driving away, my son says, "Jeez, we get yelled at and we didn't even do anything, just like you said, we didn't SAY ANYTHING and he still yelled at us for NOTHING" My oldest added, "Yeah, this SUCKS" What could I say, yes it sucks, your grandma is a fool with this man, and he's an ass.

I just told them they were very well behaved, they make me proud everyday.

I needed her help and that sucks too, I had to ask her for help. Thankfully it went well, my hubby had some court date from before he retired, these crooks take forever to come to trial. Anyhow, it got moved from last week to this week and the sitter is at BEACH WEEK, did you ever have a beach week, mhist o crity,I never had a beach week!...well no sitter, I'm working, the kids are NOT going to court with him...so newly retired grandma came to spend the morning and afternoon with them. They had a great time they said, she was by herself..the older kids both needed naps they were so tired, son said, "I'm exhausted, we played a lot and giggled" That's good, sad that it only happens when she's ALONE but good that it still happens. It's not so much about me, my kids, they miss her they want to see her, and she just isn't the same, I don't understand it all, how are they supposed to get her?


Tomorrow will be better, I won't feel so hurt anymore then I guess. I need to be resilient like the kids I guess.

Thanks for listening, I'm feeling better already.

3 comments:

  1. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Ahem. I didn't tell you this when you called during my fucking debacle with the fucktard GM, but...Hippi and I will be coming to your neck of the wood to purchase some pottery supplies. She's gonna teach me to throw this summer.

    Perhaps I should pay the fucking ac a visit, scream and yell at him for a little while, then leave and tell our mother to let him know that I'm a little grouchy.

    Do you think that would help things?

    I'm hereby wishing bad things on him. VERY bad things. I fear that if I outline them in words, karma will catch me sooner rather than later.

  2. terry said...
     

    it's great that your kids understand that this isn't about THEM.
    it's just a shame they've lost their grandmother to this assclown.

    maybe she'll get a clue. maybe.

    and until then, they're lucky to have you.

  3. Anonymous said...
     

    Assclown, I love it! And BG, grouchy, that would be lovely.

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker