About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

Lots of stuff

floating around in my head.

Lots.

What to say here,

- kids are back to school, the Frenzy ensues
- we got a puppy, she's so darn cute, a peekapoo, yes a "designer mutt" as I lovingly call her, her name is BooBoo...when she walked into the house she peed, my youngest (2 1/2) says, "Momma, puppy BOOBOO on da rug" Boo Boo just stuck, wasn't what we thought to name her but it stuck. and yes she's had many a booboo on the floors since, but nothing we can't handle and she's actually doing pretty good at training.
- my baby, Beanzie we call her, not so much on her potty training though, a work in progress.
- I'm going to move my blog, rename it, redesign it (I hope) and feel like I can be more honest on it going forward, not sure when the stars will align for it to happen, but fingers crossed sooner than later.
- Snickollet is in the dating pool, her blogging on it is so funny
- Sam at rainbows and unicorns needs some hard hugs, she's a good bean that one, with a lot on her plate, send her some good thoughts if you get a chance.
- I'm running a road race this weekend and I'm not ready, SO NOT READY, at least that is the message the quadracepts in my legs are sending my brain each and every second since my longish run this past weekend, ugh.
- My sisters are funny
- Haggis makes me want to puke, just the thought of it, why oh why DEAR GOD is there still HAGGIS and folks who want to try cooking it...IN A FREAKING CROCKPOT! Say it will stop soon, I'm calling OSHA there must be regulations about ordering a "pluck" and all the other innards that accompany it in the inedible package!
- My friend has a new job and she gets to travel a lot, semi-annual trips to SCOTLAND AND COSTA RICA are a few of the perks, but lots of other shorter trips. She is not married with kids "yet" but there is a sizable piece of me that is filled with envy, i know it's a sin right.
- My mother shopped for my kids, not just the girls which is usually how it goes, but for my SON AS WELL. I felt very spoiled and the kids were happy to have grandma for a short time thinking of just them:)

- late bills, late nights doing laundry, early days at work....nothing too exciting but I'm finding my silver linings where i can, like last night I got home LATE with my oldest, Loud Girl and my son Green Bean from his football practice, dinner was ready for us thank you husband and Beanzie was washed and ready for bed....she crawled up into my lap as we ate like coneheads at the table and put her head on my shoulder, smelling all freshly washed and yummy and says "i lub you so much momma - you wan to seep wif me tonight?" She's a keeper thanks Beanz for making my day all worth it!

Lots of love,
lil'sis

3 comments:

  1. Snickollet said...
     

    I love seeing a post from you! Sounds like you have some good family stuff going on. That Beanzie of yours is too much. What a sweetheart!

    Looking forward to the new blog!

    Good luck with your race.

  2. Snickollet said...
      This comment has been removed by the author.
  3. Anonymous said...
     

    I can't wait to see your new blog page. I found your blog through reading Snickollet. I have also started reading Sam's and you are so right. That poor girl has been through more than some of us will be in a lifetime. It is good to read blogs from working mom's as am I. It certainly does help when hubbies help. Keep it up!

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker