About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

I'm not really lazy

but I haven't found the time to work on the new look bloggy...I'm actually hoping my sister BG will have a hand in helping with it's creative side. I'm not so much on the creative front.

Any ideas from the blogosphere?

I have tickets to a concert, Alannis Morrisette, 12 of them, in the front and center and there's this great pre-concert party, food, drink, entertainment, and it's all FREE, you read it right folks, FREE!!! I get to have a little party all for me and 11 of my friends, and I have 3 people who've taken me up on it and 2 are maybe's...the third just wants to have sex with me and I'm NOT in any way into him AT ALL...and I'm MARRIED and not into that CHEATING thing AT ALL....and I didn't invite him directly, he wasn't even supposed to know about it but a common friend got all blabby not remembering his come on's to me and now he's taken a ticket!!!!!

So if anyone is going to be in Virginia next month, let me know I'll send you all the details and you can come and meet the artist with me at the pre-party....I know you all aren't really coming, that's ok, but how pathetic that I have this and can't find enough FRIENDS to go with me....

Which leads to my final point, which I wasn't intending to talk about here but oh well....I don't really like maintaining friendships...I'm not good at the keeping up of it, the attention these relationships so often require I'm either incapable of or just not willing to give. I've been this way for so many years, since 8th grade in fact, so over 20 years....when my oldest sister was killed in a car wreck I just stopped wanting to be very close with people. I have friends, I have my sisters, they've always been my best friends, since we were kids, I'm closer to them than anyone. I have my husband. My kids. But friends, just a few and that's ok with me, I'm alright with that. I'm friendly, many can attest to that, very friendly, but i don't like making deep meaningful connections much. I call it "superficial friends" we talk about stuff, but if we don't see eachother or chat often, that's ok, no pressure to hang out or stay connected. That sounds terrible.

I discovered this recently with my shrinky, I just blurted it out a few weeks ago when she was asking me about my "friends" and just kept asking shit..." I don't like maintaining friendships!" It was a revelation for me honestly at that time, and since then I've thought a lot about it. I've let a lot of people down due to this characteristic. I'd say I'll try and do better, but I don't know if I will. Believe me I don't think I'm all that, or that folks are lining up to be my buddy, I know they are not...but I've gotten close to people before only to pull away due to no fault of theirs...and I do feel badly about that. They invest the time and I try and then I stop.

Regardless, it's good to know. And for what it's worth, if there are any fellow "superficial friendly" folks out there who want to come to a free night of fun at the concert let me know:)

Lastly, does anyone know how to set up a "donate" button? I'd like to set one up for Sam at Rainbows and Unicorns, (her link is to the right on this blog)...I'd like her to get those J.Crew jeans she fancies for back to school without having to cut into her and her sister's living money.

I was thinking a gift card for her, but I can't just plunk down $100 bucks of my own all at once, I've got 3 kids people and I'm the only working parent, HELLO!!

So a donate button for Sam was what I was thinking, I don't know if she wants it, but I know she wants the jeans:)

Lots of love,
lil'sis

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
     

    Hey, I have not a clue about the donate button but I hope someone responds because you introduced Sam's blog to me and I was trying to figure out how anybody could help. And I'm with you, raising teens, which get really expensive, and would like to help support though if you find how to do it :)

  2. t_cole said...
     

    i will come to VA.
    what are the dates?

  3. Anonymous said...
     

    September 18!! Oh do come!

  4. t_cole said...
     

    crap - that's next week - my boss is trying to send me to Utah for training then.
    crap crap crap.
    i LOVE alanis. you can tell her that for me.
    HUGE freaking fan in Texas.
    LOTS of pictures please.
    t

  5. Anonymous said...
     

    Will do T, will do!

  6. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Hello? Get off your ass and check your email.

    You are ordered, by your big sister, to do a few things:
    1. Contact a friend of mine to redo this blog. It's time.

    2. This friend will also help you with the donate button.

    3. Regular blogging, please. You get stagnant when you DON'T blog.

    4. Get your calendar ready. I am scheduling our Sisters Weekend. Am I the ONLY social one of the four of us? Hmmm?

    5. I'd love to say you have amputation down to a science, like MOI. However, you're not there yet. Instead, let's work on cultivating a few friends who don't want to fuck you. I'll serve as your mentor. Because I love you. Har!

  7. Zephyr said...
     

    I think I'm the friend that BG is talking about up there about redoing your blog. Email me!

    Don't know much about donate buttons but I can look into it. Also thinking about a design for you. I can't promise exactly when I'll get it done, but I want whatever I work on to reflect you. So I need to spend a little time thinking up ideas. You've seen what I did for BG and for OHC's blogs. I'd be glad to find something that's you too... just not sure I know you well enough yet.

    Maybe I need to come along to your sister's weekend to get to know you better? ;)

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker