About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

hey there...

Relay went well, we're recovered...glad it's over for now, planning will start in the fall so I have the summer to recharge! Thank you to the well wishers, it was more work than I thought, but it turned out well.

I read a funny post today over at Half Mama, and I don't know how to put the link in b/c I'm just not savvy with that, but suffice she's so funny, I love to read her and she shared how her young daughter was cleaning with a panty liner...so I just had to share the following about my youngest Izzy, 18 months old now.

She's taken a liking to playing with tampons, out of the box of course, loves to unwrap them, take them apart and walk around with them in her mouth like it's a cigar with a string on the end....?!?!?!? I have no idea, but if there's one in my purse while where at the ball field for practice or one of the kids games, she finds it and before I know what's going on she's getting lots of laughter from the onlookers...she looks like this tough little baby, strutting around like a long shore man, just plodding all over with her "cigar"...she also likes to grab a couple and bring them in the tub because when they expand, you know HOW COOL IS THAT!

She's my first child of the 3 to show any interest in this paraphanalia. Who knows what or if it means anything...any thoughts?


The school year is winding down here, just a week and a half to go till Em and Greenie are out for the summer...we've got some camps and stuff planned, lots of swimming, baseball, and horseback riding to be sure...G loves his baseball, his spring team is wrapping up, 2 games left, he'd like to do summer ball and then fall ball...did I mention he loves baseball. We're originally from NY, as I've shared before, growing up we went to Yankee games, so hate me if you must but I'll always be a Yankee fan...in July we're taking G and my nephew Pat and 2 other boys G plays ball with to an Orioles/Yankee game since it's pretty close and its the Yankees of course! I'm looking forward to that weekend, I'm a bit nervous about 4 boys for a weekend in Baltimore but hopefully I'll survive. I need to ask OTR girl for some Baltimore tips, things to make sure we do, places we must eat, etc..if anyone else has some Baltimore suggestions pass them along!

Hope you each are well!

Lots of love,
lil'sis

5 comments:

  1. terry said...
     

    omigod, that is so funny about the tampons. i hope you're taking loads of pictures with which to embarass her when she's older...!

    glad the relay went well. yaay, you!

  2. Snickollet said...
     

    Good thing I already decided I liked you before I knew you were a Yankee fan! (just kidding)

    Love the tampon story. When I lived in Africa, it was so humid where I was that my tampons would absorb moisture from the air and bust out of the paper wrappers. Funny, but that's waaaay too humid.

    Glad Relay went well.

  3. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Dump one of Greenie's friends and take my ass! Sheesh. That's just a no-brainer. I can corral the kids and provide entertainment by heckling the Orioles fans.

    What do ya say, sister?

  4. OTRgirl said...
     

    The tampons are crazy funny!!! Take pictures for major teenage bribe power!

    Baltimore. Ah. I miss her grunge. Jrex is also a Yankees fan and those Oriole games were fun. Wear your gear, there are huge sections of navy in the sea of orange.

    OK. In no particular order:

    If you're staying in the Inner Harbor you won't have any issues. There's the National Aquarium which is pricey, but very cool. There's a mall by the water with lots of places to eat (unos, chipotle). There's an ESPN zone just past the Aquarium. Beyond ESPN zone that road continues into Little Italy (which might be more fun for adults than kids). Great dessert place in Little Italy called Vaccarros. Anywhere around there is relatively safe and fun for running around. Just around the corner in Federal Hill there's a huge hill overlooking the water that leads up to a little park. Great for letting them run around like mad fools. Last summer they had a trapeze set up by the harbor so people could try their hands at that.

    You'll have fun! (Though it might be really hot...in which case the aquarium would be mobbed, but nice and cool)

  5. cadbury_vw said...
     

    i remember how cool tampons were when i discovered my sisters as an adolescent

    it was way cool to put them in a glass with some water and whoosh - they would expand

    [heh]

    it must be a little embarrassing to have that happen in a crowd though

    i hope summer turns out well for all the kids

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker