About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

The ship of life just keeps moving forward...

whether or not I'm really involved with that forward motion is another story all together, and I can say with authority that lately, I've not been onboard...I'm trying to get onboard, but keep getting distracted with the intimate details of my little world...damn all the things I'm probably missing being all distracted, probably some lovely views from the viewing deck and certainly some great margarita's at happy hour!

In all seriousness, things are going just fine, just fast. Today is the last day of school for the kids, camps start next week, Izzy will be starting a "day care" program, we're buying a new house this coming week, we're finding it this weekend*fingers crossed*...it's all so very exciting?

With summer comes lots of fun, playing at the pool, baseball, baseball, and playing at the pool...with the bi-weekly trips to the barn so Loud Girl can ride the horses....I do love summer time.

This summer I'm wishing for my family good mental and physical health and a few margarita's too! I wish the same for each of you as well!

Lots of love,
Lil'sis

5 comments:

  1. Snickollet said...
     

    Good luck with the househunting and enjoy summer! A margarita sounds good . . .

  2. E said...
     

    Just trying to play catch up with all the posts. So much has been going on with you!

    Hang in there, have a margarita and happy house hunting!I would give you all my empty boxes if you lived closer!

  3. Rachel said...
     

    Lots of transitions at this time of year. Sounds like you have big plans for the summer too. Hope you find the house of your dreams. Enjoy!

  4. t_cole said...
     

    you know we are doing the moving thing too. have an open house here at my current home on Sunday. ugh!
    i know about the 'world passing you by' feeling.
    hang in there - ya got GREAT company...
    hugs -
    tc

  5. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Hang in there, kiddo. I'm only a phone call away and can whatever it takes...even if that means threatening or bullying people.

    BTW, James said that he couldn't believe we were related. He said, "She sounds so NICE. I can't believe she's your sister."

    I told him I was Hyde and you're Jeckyll.

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker