About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

a few quickies...

Not much time today....

Billy Joel was amazing, a wonderful concert, if he's in your neck of the woods anytime soon I'd recommend you go, one of the best shows I've seen and I've seen a lot over the years, but truly a great time with my sisters and mom.

I have the flu now, yeah, this is so much fun, hopefully the Tamiflu I've been on for a week will really help shorten it, but I feel like crap. My boss is a doll though, I'm leaving early today for my husband's doc appt. and he said to just go home and rest...thank you so very much. The prospect of getting a little nap before the kids get home from school is just a gift.

Not much change with the husband. Saturday was our 11th wedding anniversary. I can tell you that traditionally bad things happen on our anniversary, it's not been a lucky day for us since we wed, but we still try and celebrate it in little ways. Though the day started out rough, it ended ok, I think if we were both feeling better it could have been a charmed day to be sure. He bought me flowers and cards and made me some homemade lobster bisque, lots of lobster, but in my flu state I just could barely taste a thing. An A for effort though.

We decided yesterday to both start counselling. I think we'll do our own thing and we can go with eachother if it suits, but alone to start. We did marriage counselling once before and it was helpful, but I think the issues we're having right now, we each need to look at before we come together in counselling on it. There's no lack of love to be sure, but the stress of life, differences with the children and how to parent, are at the forefront. I need more patience on many fronts and I need to be more upfront with what I need and expect. At least that's what I think today:)

I'll let you know how the Dr. appointment goes for him, seeing a cardiologist, my hopes aren't high for a resolution, but I guess it's a start.

Looking foward to March Madness coming UP!!

Lots of love,
lil'sis

9 comments:

  1. terry said...
     

    counseling is always a good thing. i honestly don't know how people get through life without a little help now and again.

    good luck!

  2. G-Man said...
     

    Keep posting L'il Sis, I need to blog whore you out one of these days!!

  3. cadbury_vw said...
     

    the concert sounds like a good one.

    i hope you are feeling better soon. sad that you anniversary was less than it could have been - perhaps you should set a date or agree that on some future day this spring when the sun is shining and the birds are singing that you will mutually declare a "day to celebrate your marriage" and enjoy that day when you are not ill.

    one of the things that i did learn through counselling is that it works out to be better to state your needs and expectations up front

    it is harder at the time than avoidance, or peacekeeping, but it allows you to avoid storing things up. it allows for minor corrctions instead of "the big correction"

    with various things that have happened in your life you two have so much stress - and your mutual resilience to date shows the depth of your caring

    many couples wouldn't have survived what you have been through

    i hope that through counselling you both are able to find mutual ways through the issues that are presenting themselves

  4. Rachel said...
     

    It seems like you guys have been sick so much lately. :( Hope everything gets better soon.

    Counseling is always good. I went when I was in grad school. I should probably do it again, but it's hard to get motivated. Thanks for the inspiration.

  5. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    You know how I feel about counseling:

    Someone sitting there listening to you, undivided attention, a full hour of eye contact.

    Shit. That's good stuff. I've never even cared about shelling out the co-pay.

  6. CozyMama said...
     

    I agree with Terry - if you need it - get it. g-man you are too funny.

  7. Anonymous said...
     

    Hi lil'sis,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. And thanks for leading me to yours. :)

    I concur with everyone else... counseling is only a good thing. I wish you much luck with it.

    And hope you feel better too. :)

  8. t_cole said...
     

    where the heck are you.
    keep me updated on how you are.
    i worry when you are away this long.
    hugs!
    tc

  9. OTRgirl said...
     

    We have a March anniversary, too! I'm glad he got A for effort, but sorry that you couldn't fully enjoy it. I love Cadbury's idea.

    I actually really want to blog about our marriage counseling, but Jrex, being Asian is VERY private about that sort of thing. Part of our 'deal' about my blog is that he would prefer I not use it to process our marriage in such a 'public' arena. Oh well. We've been going for 2.5 years. We just went to our first session with a new counselor out here (he seems good). Really, I think Jrex needs to go on his own to sort out some stuff, but he wouldn't do that, so I get to tag along to mostly listen. It's really helped us past four of five marriage roadblocks and hopefully this round will take care of the last (and biggest). I'm glad you're going to do that, too.

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker