About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

My boy...

I've spoken of my girls a good bit, and mentioned my son but just not as much, well today is his...he was in a play last night, and he was a horse! He was the BEST horse I've seen in some time on a stage. He spoke eloquently, rolled in mud with what seemed like little effort and was gorgeous. My son is very bright, I don't just say this the STATE does as well, not that I put a lot of stock in the standardized testing, but I'm quite proud of him and his abilities. God gave him a brain and he likes to use it. He also hit his first home run in baseball last Friday night, UNDER THE LIGHTS, (sure they are small and there's only a couple of them on the little field, but he DID IT ALL BY HIMSELF. I was home with sick baby, and when he came in he said, while running and yelling and smiling all at once, "MOMMA I DID IT, RIGHT OVER THE FENCES, THEY HAD TO RUN TO WHERE THE TRUCKS WERE PARKED TO GET MY BALL!" He's a good bean, I love him dearly. He loves to be tickled, he loves to read, he loves his video games. He's a good friend to others.

He also can pluck my last nerve and knows just how to get his way. He has these big blue eyes that will melt you and if they don't there is something wrong with you I bet.

I worry that I'm too hard on him sometimes, then sometimes I think that I'm too easy. It's not easy being a kid anymore I think, and I think it's harder being a boy at his age. It's hard to fit this little person who is so full of energy and excitement into the mold of compliant school child that listens and is observant of all the "rules". He's a good bean though, he's gotten in his share of trouble since he started Kindergarten this year, and I know the teacher's number when it's on the caller ID, but he's not a bad kid. So sensitive too. Since the birth of my youngest, (5 months old now!) I know that the other 2 don't get as much of me as they used to but I must say that my son has really adapted, he knows when he needs some extra time, and we fit it all in. He's a great big brother and whenever he walks in to the room the baby just starts to giggle, it's wonderful to see their bond grow. He always tells her, "I'll protect you when you get bigger, I'll be the best big brother!" I'm sure he'll be thinking years down the road that his little sister is a bit of a burden at times, but I have no doubt that he'll love her just the same.

Wish me luck on bringing up this young man, I think we'll both need a little luck! Thanks for letting me spout off about him too, I hope all parents have these proud moments, makes the tougher times all worth it, even makes you forget the tough times when you're looking on stage at your little horse rolling in the mud and waving out at you.

4 comments:

  1. cadbury_vw said...
     

    good for you and good for your son

    getting up on stage in front of a whole bunch of people and not freezing is HUGE!!!

    when a child is bright it is right to be proud and pleased - how could you be any other way

    and as for a home run like that - give him an extra hug or punch on the shoulder from me (you don't have to tell him where its from)

    and just because you have that kind of initmate realtionship with the school over your son, does not mean that he is any real problem

    there is a system - the system requires that anything that does not fit the sustem be reported...

    not fitting into THE SYSTEM is probably a good thing (in the long run)

    ----

    Rise up! Resist! Rebel!

    ----

    rise (rīz)

    v., rose (rōz), ris·en (rĭz'ən), ris·ing, ris·es.

    To rebel: “the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government” (Abraham Lincoln).

  2. Anonymous said...
     

    Rage Against the Machine, that's what I tell them all the time, Thanks Cadbury hugs to you!

  3. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Whooooooo hoooooooo! Go horse boy! I'm so damn proud of him! Do you think he'll do an encore performance for me this weekend? I know Buddha will scream with glee if this happens!

    As for the HOME RUN...holy cripes! Daddy would be so proud! Can you imagine the look on his face once Beany hit that sucker? I'm thinking he would have said something like, "Hell, G, if you whacked it a little harder, you could have broken a windshield!" Ha!

    And...you gotta know his teachers adore him. I'd take him any day of the week!

  4. terry said...
     

    awwww, that is so sweet. sounds like you're doing a grand job raising him already.

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker