About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

"Do couples always argue the week before the wedding?"

This was the question posed to me last night from my mother who is getting married to the anti-christ in 10 short days. " I have so much planning to do, things to get done, I have to get the count to the catering place for chicken and crab cakes!!!!" I heard more "I"'s last night then I have since the LAST time I spoke with her. Oh boy, she lives in a very small world, she's the only one in it and when others venture their way in to her pseudo reality chamber it is SCARY!!!!

My kids have officially began to rebel, they do NOT want to attend the affair and are not going to be quiet about it. Green bean said he wasn't going, hopes we have fun, Loud Girl asked for a bribe to attend, and when the baby sees pics of her grandmother she looks away or cries.

Oh, and can I help alleviate the tension that we have in the family somehow? That came up in our conversation, now I get to officially run interference for mommy dearest b/c she's just so OVERWHELMED! She's retired, has no financial stress, nothing to worry about but herself and decorating her new McMansion, which is not all that lovely I might add. I have 3 kids, husband, home, and job. I'll take what I got thank you very much. I'M HAPPY DAMN IT! She is NOT.

That's enough for today.

One very nice item, hubby and I are finally getting organized, a little at at time, I think all that HGTV is helping after all. That or my meltdown on Saturday about not being able to find any space that's peaceful hit home, I don't care why or how, I just hope it lasts, he says he's on board with the VISION we discussed. He also said he's quitting smoking, I haven't seen evidence of it yet, but the fact that he's stating it out loud of his own volition is an event in and of itself! Smiles for me and lots of love to all of you in Bloggy land.

8 comments:

  1. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Ok. I am not going to high-jack your post with what I'm thinking.

    I will only say this:
    DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TENSION IN OUR FAMILY. SHE CREATED IT. SHE'S SEALING HER FATE IN 10 DAYS.

    Fucking tension, my ass.

  2. cadbury_vw said...
     

    because your family likes you she hopes that people will not be as critical of her

    by recruiting you as an ally to reduce criticism it will provide an opportunity for her to feel that someone approves of her actions

    or that would be my take on it

    overwhelmed... i doubt it

    looking for allies and shielding - yes

  3. terry said...
     

    what cadbury said? i was just thinking that.

    god. that's so wrong.

    funny that your kids don't even want to go. and very telling.

    eesh. good luck...

  4. barman said...
     

    Wow, I forgot about the antichrist.

    I hate to say it but your Mom is getting what she deseerves. People do not like him. People have let her know about him and nothing changed.

    It is so bad when your kids don't even want to go. You have done more than your share to help out. Don't worry about it.

  5. Brandi said...
     

    I also agree with cadbury. She's hoping to use you to get everyone to come to the wedding.
    She made her bed, now she has to lie in it.

  6. Brandi said...
      This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  7. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    I'll play instigator here. Tell Green Bean and Loud Girl that Auntie BG and Buddha want them to come visit that weekend. I'll take them to the Festival in the Park and the Sidewalk Art Show.

    I'm a wench.

    She deserves everything she gets.

  8. SignGurl said...
     

    *shaking head slowly* I'm sorry you and BG have to deal with a mother like that. She'll get hers in the end.

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker