About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

Someone take the wheel for me please...

I think I need someone to take the wheel of my life for a bit, I'll keep doing all the nitty gritty work, just need someone else to do the real driving, I need an auto pilot button or something right now, sanity and harmony are hard to be found, I will continue to diligently seek them out but they are being evasive! My dear husband is away for a week or so, gone, out of contact, that's it, no hello how are ya, just out of reach, it is what it is and we are where we are nothing to change that, but whew, it sucks!

To all those single parents, managing, getting by, BLESS YOU, each and every one of you. You should always be able to go to the front of the line, bypass traffic jams and have a free housekeeper, heck while where at it throw in a nanny too! You are amazing people and I hope to learn more from you and gain some compassion in the process. My current trial by fire so to speak will go fine, of this I'm sure, it'll come to an end and I'll slip so easily back into my routine with hubby home, but I promise not to forget this, I will always take your kids on playdates and give you some free time. I will.

I appreciate the support my sisters and friends have given me, it is tremendous and I love you all for it, thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Rocky (Racquel) said...
     

    Dammit! I came in here to yell at ya for laughing when Buddha Girl dumped Mugsy into the garbage disposal!

    You seem so nice, tho, I'll just offer ya a howdy-do and a great big welcome to the blogosphere!

    PS as I'm sure you well know, this too shall pass. :-)

  2. barman said...
     

    Not being a parent I have had few esperiences like you mention. My experience that I think would apply here nicely went back to when my best friends had their first child. I had stayed up all night with my friend for school. The next day the wife needed to go to work so I decided I would do my best to watch over their son so my friend could get things done that he needed to do for school.

    Normall we got a long real well but not this time. He knew I was already halfway loosing it. He pushed buttons I did not know I had. All this from a fairly new born.

    I feel for you sis... Maybe those little extra perks make sense ... no they make a lot of sense. Hopefully things return back to "normal" real soon.

  3. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Rocky should still yell at you for laughing when I had to chippity chop Mugsy!

    However, I'll still give ya hugs and mush whenever you need me. I had a GREAT time this weekend. Tell M that I said FANKS for the shrimp and lobster. I haven't eaten that well in a LONG time...and did ya notice that I didn't get sickie!?!?!?

    I'll get to work on that special treat for your husband guy. He deserves it. You two officially have a weekend ALONE when all is said and done. I'll take all your offspring and live the life of a multiple mom!

    Love you, mean it!

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker