About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

Relay for Life

Hi all, it's Relay for Life time again.

I've been an active participant for 10 years now, my first Relay was in Virginia Beach, I went with my sister to honor a co-worker of hers who was sick at the time. Little did I know how cancer would soon effect my family.

A year later my oldest child, Emily, then 22 months was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma with spread to her lymph nodes. She had surgery, she had chemo and immunoglobulin treatment for 3 and a half years. She was a trooper through all of it. Amazing. She was part of a research study for her disease, in her group of 5 she's the only child that celebrated 5 years cancer free.

Emily turned 11 in April.

My husband was diagnosed with malignant melanoma 6 weeks after we married. He's cancer free today.

My father was diagnosed with lung cancer, coupled with his congestive heart failure and battle with lupus it was more than his body could take.

I Relay for these people and countless others.

I think of friends, both from my daily living and from my internet family that have dealt with this disease in one form or another.

Cancer SUCKS.

Living isn't always super easy, but it beats the alternative. As long as I have breath in me I will continue to raise money for cancer research.

If you have a local Relay I urge you to go check it out, spend some time, enjoy the community of it, and stay for luminaria. It will change you, in a really good way.

Lots of love to all of you and have a fantastic weekend!

-Lil'sis

1 comments:

  1. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    I had the very best time with you guys this weekend! I downloaded some pics off my camera last night and well send them to you after I get home from work later today.

    Robert has already had a great day. I brought in tons of cupcakes so his friends could celebrate with him today. The sun's coming out even though storms were predicted so he'll have some playground time!

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker