About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

I have a deep dark secret

I chew ice, buckets of it, I love it, I'm addicted you might say. I order it at restaurants, I go out of my way to purchase it from good reputable ice dealers, I'm selective. I know the best places to get to go ice. I've done this for years, I don't use what my fridge makes, I disabled that and I purchase ice by the bag and put it in my ice dispenser and crush it. Oh how I love crushed ice, I cannot begin to tell you.

I have to give it up, I'm so sad and bothered by this, it's not a joke, I really am that pathetic. I fractured the root of one of my molars with my ice affair, I had to get a root canal done today, it's painful now, my entire face aches...and I'm feeling a bit whiny about that.

On another note, I've mentioned recently that my husband has been sick. Well, he's still sick, but the emotional roller coaster of the past week is settling down a bit. You see last week he got pretty bad, the docs said to us on Thursday, "we've got to rule out the big stuff first lil'sis, so we're running more tests to rule out pancreatic and liver cancer, and the possibility that the melanoma he had 13 years ago hasn't shown up somewhere else."

I've had enough cancer in my family to last me, seriously, I don't need anymore. My hubby, my daughter, my dad, countless friends. D - O - N - E!!

It was a tough week, waiting, tests, more tests, more scans, more waiting.
Yesterday they say to us at our "consult" appointment, we're ruling out pancreatic and liver for now, we're looking at some weird and rare blood disorders as the primary culprits, I can deal with that, that's manageable I say to myself, but it's not me that really has to manage it, it's husband guy. We were so relieved yesterday, I cannot express how relieved, we're still concerned, but we feel pretty positive that there's nothing they can throw at us that we can't handle.

If you're the praying kind, keep him in your prayers, if you're not, CHEW SOME ICE FOR ME AND ENJOY IN MY HONOR!

4 comments:

  1. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    HA HA HA HA! No ICE? Say it ain't so.

    I doubt you'll stay off the sauce for long. I know you too well. You know I share your addiction. Crushed ice. In pellet form. *sigh* What joy.

    Sorry your face feels like utter shit. I have no words other than POP A PILL. I did that yesterday and walked through the day in a fuzzy cloud. I looked like a crackhead. Sans missing teeth. And dirty clothes. You get the picture. A clean, cute, put together crackhead.

    The tests? HOORAY! Did you hear me telling my kid to SIT DOWN when I was talking to you? I had to pay attention to the good news!

  2. Snickollet said...
     

    I'll chew some ice for you, friend.

    Hope you get some answers soon about your husband's health. Not knowing is so awful. Bring it on: you can take it!!!

  3. Cathleen said...
     

    Ice confessions: I've always loved chewing ice, but when I was pregnant I was obsessed with it. All day I'd chew ice in my cubical, I'd have huge cups of it at my desk. I'd bring it into every meeting with me, couldn't get away from it! The ice in our fridge at home sucks; so at night I'd bring home a huge pitcher of ice from work to chew until the next day (b/c work ice was my favorite at the time), and on the weekends I'd stop by the office just to refill. My favorite non-work ice? Sticks has some amazing ice, panera's is ok, and boston market is pretty good if you've had their lemonade in the cup first.

    Miss you tons!

  4. Rachel said...
     

    Hope his health condition is something manageable, and I'm glad it isn't pancreatic or liver cancer. Sending prayers and thoughts your way.

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker