About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

I'm going to try and post, really really I am

I'm going to make a real effort here to post regularly, I deserve to POST DAMMIT!

Even if it's small and relatively meaningless...here goes.

I was driving with the family to a dinner at friends house this past weekend, we turned off the main road towards the friends house and passed a home that was set back off the road a bit, many many clunkers in the yard, BBQ smoking and lots of people. Lots of kids....hanging from the tree was....wait for it....a child's carseat, rigged up with ropes and tied hanging from the branch...a makeshift SWING if you will...with 5-point restraint. I was aghast at first, then chuckled and I hear my older kids from the back of the minivan say, "hey look at that, they are resourceful!"

Only in the SOUTH.

3 comments:

  1. Cathleen said...
     

    That is too funny. Makes me want to get back to the us - they are definitely not as "resourceful" here!

  2. Zephyr said...
     

    Hahaha I guess why waste the money on a swing when you don't need to?

  3. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    See? I TOLD you it was bloggable!

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker