About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

Knock on wood

I love being healthy, I love when my kids and my husband are healthy. So KNOCK ON WOOD, it doesn't happen often and now I'm waiting for the next shoe to drop so to speak b/c in my experience it usually does, but maybe not this time, living on hope in that regard...

I know I've shared that we just moved, bought a new lovely house, are getting settled...yeah! But I've failed to mention that we still need to put the old house on the market....UGH..UGH. The thought brings fear to the surface for me, inside I get all jittery feeling, and ill in my stomach, I feel acid creeping up my throat...I hate this and all it entails. I've been sort of just not thinking about the old house, you know I'm not there, so it doesn't exist anymore right?

Fucking wrong! It's there, still needs all the UPKEEP, and UTILITIES paid, and is awaiting new carpet that I have yet to order, and needs 3 more rooms painted and needs new fixtures in the master bath, shall I continue!!!!!?????!!!! Friggin bull crap #%*&*%&$!!

The agent emailed me today..."how are the repairs/upgrades going? You know that family I told you about that drove by and looked at the house, well they just got a contract on their old home and would really like to see yours...when will it be ready?"

Well that is fab and all, but damn it it's not ready! SHIT, shit, SHIT....SHITTTTT

With all of the husband issues, and Izzy being sick and back to school stuff, oh yeah and MY FULL TIME JOB AND ALL...crap. I told her to give me a week, see if they could wait a week and I'd get as much done as is possible.

Yes, I also haven't mentioned I don't think that we have friends staying in the old house for the next 3 weeks. Great family, 3 kids, their middle child is my son's best friend, they are building a new home, have been for months, it was supposed to be ready end of July, then the builder said, mid-August, and in July he tells them, sorry folks second week of September. So they were going to be homeless for a few weeks with kids needing to go back to school and both of them being teachers, going back to work. Hence we offer up our place for the fill-in time so they don't have to pay an arm and a leg or a child for short term furnished housing, now I feel terrible that we're going to have to be in and out painting, etc. They're great though, and fine with it, but still.

Ok, now I'm rambling and have other things I've got to do....but wanted to thank you all for the well wishes and emails about Izzy really was so nice to feel all that good energy.

3 comments:

  1. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Duh. Pay someone to do the work. YOU don't have to do it. Period.

    It doesn't sound like anyone else is pitching in. Ask the almighty counselor seeker for some names and numbers. Have the work done by minions. Poof. All done.

    Buddha and I found something delicious for your new house the other day. You'll die when you see it. I did a little shaking of my booty when I found it...in public, of course! You would have been proud.

  2. OTRgirl said...
     

    Ooohh, what Buddha Girl said! I was thinking that the people staying in the house should be happy to help you out, but her method seems faster and more 'sure'.

  3. terry said...
     

    i wish you some peace, lil sis. you MORE than deserve it.

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker