About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

THE MOVE

It's done, we moved yesterday. Last night was the first in our new home and it was great.

We had movers, so can't take credit for too much heavy lifting, but we packed it all and will UNPACK it all now. Mom helped us ALL DAY too, thank goodness for that. The kitchen is done, up and running, dishes and glasses away, fridge loaded, pantry full, pots and pans in their new homes.

I met hubby, Emily and Gabe there at lunchtime, movers didn't get to the new place till 30 minutes later than them. We ate lunch on the floor in the dining room, it was our first official meal together in the house and we laughed and giggled the whole way through it. It was one of those moments of joy that you get every now and again, just pure joy. Certainly moving is a stressful experience, lots going on, too many balls in the air at once, but that 30 minutes kept me going the rest of the day and night.

During the afternoon my mom and I were getting the kitchen done and the kids were playing, the baby, Izzy, has just started a full fledged daycare program/school so that's where she was. The movers, all very cute college boys, were moving stuff in and my mom looks over at me and mentions how "absolutley adorable" they all are...that she "felt like Mrs. Robinson" enjoying the view and all, then quoting from the movie says, "It'a all about Plastics"...I was laughing my butt off at her, too funny!!!

When we finished for the day and had dinner and got everyone washed and settled in for the night I had a great moment with my hubby, things haven't been so great as of late, stress, medical issues, etc. But it was a good moment, just looking at one another in our new living room, picutures on the walls, furniture all arranged and smiling, like "We did it" and "We did it together"....it was a nice moment, one I've been praying for lately.

So, I'm sure that the next week will be lots of rearranging, unpacking, getting settled, but it's all good. I'm glad it's over, whew!

5 comments:

  1. Snickollet said...
     

    You are awesome. I love the image of you and your kids eating in the empty dining room. And your mom! What a hoot! Capping the day off with some bonding couple time is the crowning glory.

    Welcome to your new home :). I love the settling in part, really making it your place. Enjoy.

  2. OTRgirl said...
     

    I'm so glad it went well. I know what you mean about how great that quiet, smiling moment with your hubby can be. Especially when they've been rare for a while. I'm happy for you.

  3. cadbury_vw said...
     

    you deserve the peace and the accomplishment

    with all the stress, those connections can be pushed away. people can pull back into themselves

    i am happy that you felt connections with the people in your life

    congratulations on your new place

  4. t_cole said...
     

    WOOOHOOO.
    and now that you are a pro - you can come help IF and when i ever sell my home...
    i am a tab bit jealous
    and a WHOLE bunch happy for you.
    congrats lil sis!
    tc

  5. Rachel said...
     

    Late to comment here, but I'm glad to hear you are in your new home.

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker