About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

She's 9!!!

My oldest child, Emily, AKA Loud Girl, turned 9 this past weekend...we had a good weekend, busy, but fun. She's fabulous I tell you what, this kid really is a gem...even when I get overwhelmed and angry at some insane behavior that just comes with the territory, she's still amazing. Some days she's my lesson in patience, other days she's my lesson in kindness, she's a real giver, wants to make others happy.

We'll have her horseback riding party this coming weekend, and it should be loads of fun.

I'm so very grateful to have her here with me, that she's well, cancer-free, happy, bright eyed, loving, and sassy!

We're hoping to send her to sleep-away camp this summer, she is so excited about it, much more than I am, but I'm trying to be really positive and supportive of it, it just seems like such a long time and I'll miss her honestly, more than I can express, not sure I'm ready to let go like that yet, but when are you ever ready?

I've hovered with her, always there watching waiting worrying...I've been very protective of her, more than I probably should have been...and I'm sure I'll always worry that's what parents do right, but I hope I can relax enough to just let her spread her wings and experience all that life has to offer her.

Good luck to each of us in this adventure we call parenthood! I hope all of you bloggy friends are doing ok, getting by, smiling!

Lots of love,
lil'sis

7 comments:

  1. Rachel said...
     

    Happy Birthday to Emily! It's hard to strike a balance between protecting them and letting them learn to be independent.

  2. cadbury_vw said...
     

    happy birthday Emily

    may each and every year be joyful and complete

  3. Zephyr said...
     

    Happy birthday to your little miracle. :)

  4. Snickollet said...
     

    Nine! Wow! Happy birthday. A horseback riding party would have been my dream come true at that age.

    I started sleepaway camp around that time and just loved it. I hope Emily does, too.

  5. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Aww shit! Em's going to camp, and you will love every minute of it. I'll come with you to the drop-off point and then take you out drinking so you can drown your sorrows.

    I'll even be your beer goggle watch dog in case your hottie self draws the attention of some ahemmmm unwanted men!

  6. terry said...
     

    happy birthday loud girl! so much to celebrate.

    and i'll bet sleep-away camp will be an experience she'll never forget.

  7. OTRgirl said...
     

    As Snick said, a horseback riding party would have been enough to send me over the moon when I was nine. What a great idea.

    I started doing sleepaway camp when I was 7, but I think that was too young. Nine seems perfect (for her, not so much for you). I love that your sister can be with you for that.

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker