About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

Thanks

Thanks for the birthday wishes and kind words. Life has been so very kind to me and I'm trying to enjoy it without all the worry.

We've had some winter weather and I love how pretty it looks, but I hate driving in ice and snow, I truly white knuckle the wheel and try not to cry as I swerve all over. I wrecked when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter in weather like that and to this day it really scares me, I should not drive in this weather I am a nervous wreck of a danger to myself and all those around me. I'm looking into buying a home within walking distance to work just for this reason, honestly. I don't know that we'll find something habitable and affordable, so maybe we'll get very good at being "handy" around the house, or we'll just set our expectations for "quality of living arrangements" much much lower.

On that note, I'm off for my drive home, wish me luck...and if anyone else is driving near me, say a prayer, I don't want to hit or hurt anyone out there, but I'm such a nervous nellie about it, the level of how pathetic I am behind the wheel in this weather is lower than guttersnipe!

Lots of love,
lil'sis

9 comments:

  1. cadbury_vw said...
     

    here's hoping you made it safely home

  2. Yankee, Transferred said...
     

    Hope the drive wasn't too grueling.

  3. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    MY GOD!

    At least you didn't run into that one man one woman idiot!

    I remember when you wrecked in that stupid Probe in the middle of winter and had to walk to Daddy's and Mom's house. Daddy was PISSED to high heaven.

    Like a good big sister, I snickered long and hard!!!!

  4. Snickollet said...
     

    I grew up in a place with no snow and now live in a place that usually gets a fair amount of it. I also hate driving in it, although having four-wheel drive has made a big difference for me.

    Hope the drive home was not too greuling.

  5. Anonymous said...
     

    Yeah, I made it home and everything is basically melted now, just some patches of stuff on the back roads...and I didn't walk to Daddy's I walked 2 miles in the driving snow and ice, fell down 13 times while 6 months pregnant in my high risk pregnancy and a cop finally picked me up and drove me home and I had to wait till the next day to get my ultrasound b/c we couldn't get to the doctors, and yes, Daddy was pissed at my husband for not having a 4 wheel drive car for me, my cars today are fully winter weather operational thank goodness!

  6. Rachel said...
     

    Driving in ice is so scary! I hope you made it home okay.

  7. terry said...
     

    i always think it would be fun to live in a place where it snows until i think about driving in real winter conditions..

    glad you made it home safely!

  8. E said...
     

    Happy Belated Birthday!!!

  9. OTRgirl said...
     

    I'm glad you made it home safely. The story of your pregnancy wreck ordeal is terrifying!

    I have to admit that I'm enough of an adrenyline (sp?!!) junkie that I kind of like gliding around in the snow. Just slow and steady and stay loose (as much as possible). That said, I think one real accident would erase my fantasy that nothing THAT bad will happen. Heck, I wrecked my bike on Thursday and it was all I could do on Monday morning to bike back in to work.

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker