About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

CT scans are clean

Got the call just a bit ago, her CT scans are all clean and her lab work looks good. YEAH!!! Thanks again for all the prayers and good wishes you all have sent our way. We have Brain MRI week after next, Emily is going away for a week of fun in the sun with her cousins and brother b/c her mommy has to work, but she'll enjoy I'm sure.

Hopefully worst case scenario now is that it's just a flare up of her Opsoclonas Myoclonas (an antibody from her cancer that makes her have the shakes, stumbles, etc.) Chemo doesn't always kill the immune system enough to make it forget how to make this, it is just always there and kids get flare ups, etc. Emily has managed hers very well over the years with flare ups only when she gets sick for extended periods, but really done very well. In the case that it's that, we could do a few months of steriod and IVIG therapy. So let's pull for a nice clean brain MRI.

Thanks again all.

lots of love,
lil'sis

8 comments:

  1. cadbury_vw said...
     

    thank heavens

    i imagine getting the good news must have been almost as overwhelming as dealing with the original thought

    i hope you can breathe now

    saying another prayer

  2. OTRgirl said...
     

    I'm SO glad to hear that.

  3. terry said...
     

    omigod, that is great news.

    big sigh of relief...

  4. Anonymous said...
     

    Cad, I cried, and I breathed, and I slept last night so much better.

    Keep your fingers crossed for the MRI folks!

  5. E said...
     

    BIG, deep sigh of relief! Wonderful news! I'm so happy to hear that! Now go have a nice glass of wine...

  6. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    People, the very best news. Very best.

    Keep up the prayers and wine wishes. I know the MRI is going to be a goodie. I just KNOW it.

    You peeps should have heard Loud Girl on the phone with me after the scan. She's a damn trooper!

  7. ohc said...
     

    I am SO glad to hear this!!!!!!!!!! Again, BG is keeping me up to date. Prayers are still coming.

    I hope you hear from the MRI soon!
    I just know it will be good! YES!

    Give Loud Girl a hug for me!
    Lotsa Love to all.

  8. Kim said...
     

    I am so happy for you guys! The prayers are still coming!

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker