About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

This week

I've been alone at work, usually there's one or 2 weeks over the summer where I hold down the fort alone, the boys at work all travel...during these times I use the freedom to gut the place, throw old stuff out, make room, fill up bankers boxes of stuff to be taken to storage....kick up the dust, the stuff I never have time to do otherwise...it's gone well, but my hands HURT, all this packing and moving and carrying crap, I'm sore from lifting REPEATEDLY these 50 lb. boxes that I keep forgetting to put one file in!!

The perk of all this is that I can listen to my music during these long hours of manual labor...lots of music Love that.

If you don't know them yet and have an opportunity to check them out on itunes or elsewhere, look up the MOST AMAZING BAND 'Sons of Bill' - now I can't claim to know much country, or country rock, but this band, lemme tell ya, they make me want to know a whole lot more...they are a local band from my area, but they tour a great deal and their shows are just OFF THE HOOK CRAZY GOOD!!!! They have a facebook, a website, myspace, all that stuff, you can listen to music there as well....the website has some live stuff...and that JAMES, the lead singer and youngest son of bill, eat him with a spoon ladies, just yum yum yum....their first album, very good, fun, rocking kick butt stuff...their second album...ART, beautiful writing, melodies that make you melt, harder stuff that makes you want to crank it with the windows down...I hope they are around for a long long time, so go check them out...lemme know what you think. "Lost Love and Indie Rockers" - give me that any old time, "So Much for the Blues" and "Western Skies", not to mention "Roll on Jordan"....they are the soundtrack I hear in my head all day long, you got a situation, there's a song for it.

As for other work music, well, I'm pretty varied in my tastes, got lots of variety, the Twilight soundtrack has been prominent for me this week as well...."Eyes on Fire" I like that cultish song. Got some old rock that is great, got some new stuff that is fun....but I just keep coming back to my 'Sons of Bill' this week....like I said with a spoon!

Lots of love to you all, have a great weekend!
-Lil'sis

1 comments:

  1. OTRgirl said...
     

    I'll have to check them out!

    I totally hear you on the fun of cleaning and purging a space. I had a slow day at work a couple weeks ago and moved crazy amounts of furniture and cleaned up the whole department. It feels MUCH better in here now.

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker