About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

I have no title

for the post I mean.

I will answer to many names, Lil'sis, mommy, I have an official title at work of course, HEAD BITCH...but then again being the only one around that is female I corner that market, Manager of Rectangular office Operations, Head crap shoveler for the BOSS man, "analyst", the usual stuff.

But today as I skooted out the door to get some fresh java and noticed all the construction outside my office door on the 'walking mall' that I work on the hard hatted ones hollered at me..."hey sweet thang, lookin good there honey!"

Yes, it was a great feeling. NOT...but on my way back from said coffee shop, I tried to walk smaller, not be noticed, you know how us girls do, and i have on the cutest high heel boots today to, I was feeling pretty before I sojourned out at first. Well to add insult to injury, or really in this instance it's the other way around, injury to insult....I SPRAIN MY FREAKING ANKLE AGAIN!!!! IN FRONT OF ALL THE LOVELY CONSTRUCTION FOLKS...Buddha Girl would surely have laughed so hard at me...and the coffee I was carrying FOR THE BOSS I might add, goes a flying. Not pretty. One man was just sort of loitering around, I think waiting for the bank next door to open and he grimaced at me, oh the pain in my ankle, and he says, "OMG, that looked horrible" long pause and evil glare from me "oh, right, are you ok?" he added.

On a positive note, my birthday is next week and I ordered myself new beautiful boots, a couple of sweaters and new panties and bra, so so excited. My husband just called, my present arrived for me today....I'll limp and smile as I look adorable tomorrow in my new duds though.

On a lipstick note, got a new lipliner and stick last week, I'm loving them. New makeup goes a long way with me baby.

Lots of love to you!

-Lil'sis

3 comments:

  1. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    I am fucking dying laughing here. I CANNOT BELIEVE that you didn't return to work and immediately call me so you could confess your fall and sprain! What the hell?

    As for those construction workers - next time they yell some shit at you, you are to IMMEDIATELY call me on your cell, put me on speaker, and allow me to have a small chitty chat with them. Got that? I'm your Big Sister. That's how I roll!

  2. Zephyr said...
     

    So hope you were able to walk in the new boots!

    And be sure to listen to your big sister. She knows she's the queen bitch and can scare those construction workers into submission!

  3. Rachel said...
     

    Oh, man. Sorry you sprained your ankle. It will be funny someday. :)

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker