About Lipstick Cover-Up

This blog is about one woman facing each day - making it happen... surviving... putting up with... overcoming challenges... laughing or crying... and sharing her inner beauty - all while wearing Apricot Beige #7 or Frosted Rose.

Always remember...

"When you are a daughter, mother, sister or girlfriend--you are proof positive that daily surviving can be a beautiful thing."
-- Jodi Hills, Author of Slap on a Little Lipstick...You'll Be Fine

Growing up shoes and all

Today I had to go to the doctor, I have an infection in my foot, sounds horrible, isn't really, nothing yucky, I got an ingrown toenail after I had the baby, I got one after my first 2 children as well, always the same toe, and it always has just gone away on its own...well my body figured out that since I am NOT having anymore children due to my medical procedure post C-section #3, that it would make it difficult for this to go away on its own. So fast forward to my doctor visit, now I love our Doctor, I call him by his first name, he's only 4 or 5 years older than me, same age as hubby, and I think he's great. His nurses too are great. Well today's nurse, we'll call her "brenda" much older than me, late 50's early 60's, a wonderful sweet woman. She says to me, "I love your shoes, they look so comfy, where did you get them?"

WHOA, JUMP BACK, BRENDA likes my SHOES?!? I must agree they are cute and comfy, but it's rare that Brenda and I would like the same shoes I think judging from the shoes each of us has worn in the past. These are little Birkenstocks, with the covered toe and open back, one buckle on the side, They are ageless shoes I guess and due to my diminished toe condition on that foot were quite necessary today. I told her where to find them, and when she asked how much, etc., different colors, etc. She's going to get a pair, then she says, "Hey next time you see me my feet will look as hip as yours!" I HAVE HIP FEET! Brenda thinks I'm cool, I guess I'm growing up?

Well, maybe a little bit. But I still have nice shoes, and according to big sis Buddha Girl, I'm a "shoe whore" I beg to differ on that point but I do love a good shoe that's no lie.

To all you shoe lovers out there, enjoy the summer sandals just coming out, some real cute ones out there, and a tip, go for comfort, I stopped buying my strappy heels after my second child, much to my chagrin they are not helpful when chasing a toddler down in the park, you will fall, and get muddy and people will stare at you in disbelief and your significant other will laugh at you heartily and so will said toddler. Not that I'm speaking from experience on that little antecdote or anything, but I imagine that would be the case. *wink wink*

Lots of love,
lil'sis

3 comments:

  1. Mouthy Girl said...
     

    Ahem. I stand by my word: You are a shoe whore. But I DO love you, regardless.

    Strappy sandals are just bad mojo at a park. See my ass running after Buddha in some strappies. No way, sister.

    As for Brenda, she OBVIOUSLY has good taste in shoes. You may have a shitload of shoes, but they're all quality. I dig the Danskos. A friend of mine got a pair for $50 today on ebay. NEW. How freaking crazy is THAT? Had to tell ya!

  2. Anonymous said...
     

    i'm jealous, love my Danskos and love my FINN COMPANY shoes, my Mephistos are the bomb as well. Happy feet, happy person.

  3. t_cole said...
     

    ooohhhhh!!!
    I loooovvvvveeee me some shoes.
    but i am boring.
    i stick with the classic cole hahns.
    i did get a great little (not too little) black dress today for Vegas next month. gotta get the new strappies to go with. suggestions???

Post a Comment



 
eXTReMe Tracker